Install the front 16-EDSFF drive backplane
Use this information to install the backplane for front 16 EDSFF drives.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the backplane to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the backplane out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Connect the cables to the backplane. See 16-EDSFF drive backplane.
- Put the backplane down into place. Figure 1. Installation of backplane for 16 EDSFF drives
- Align the hole on the backplane with the pin on the chassis, place it down, and slightly slide it as shown.
- Tighten the screw to secure the backplane.
- Connect the cables to the system board or expansion slots. See 16-EDSFF drive backplane.