Install the 2.5-inch rear drive backplane
Use this information to install the 2.5-inch rear drive backplane.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the rear backplane to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the rear backplane out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Align the rear backplane with the rear hot-swap drive cage and lower it into the rear hot-swap drive cage.Figure 1. Rear backplane installation
- Connect the cables to the backplane. See 2.5-inch/3.5-inch drive backplane (power) and 2.5-inch/3.5-inch drive backplane (signal).
- Install the air baffle into the rear hot-swap drive cage as shown.Figure 2. Air baffle installation
- Connect the cables to the system board or expansion slots. See 2.5-inch/3.5-inch drive backplane (power) and 2.5-inch/3.5-inch drive backplane (signal).
After you finish
Reinstall the drives or drive fillers into the rear hot-swap drive cage. See Install a 2.5/3.5-inch hot-swap drive.
Reinstall the drive assembly to the server. See Install the hot-swap rear drive assembly.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.