Install the RAID flash power module on the chassis
Use this information to install the RAID flash power module on the chassis.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the RAID flash power module to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the RAID flash power module out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- If the server comes with a tray that covers the place of the RAID flash power module on the chassis, remove it first.Figure 1. Tray removal
- Press the blue touch point to disengage the tray from the chassis.
- Move the tray to the direction as shown and lift it out of the chassis.
- If the server does not have a RAID flash power module holder on the chassis, install one first.Figure 2. RAID flash power module holder installation
Put the holder down, and move it to the direction as shown to lock the holder onto the chassis.
- Install the RAID flash power module on the chassis.Figure 3. Installation of the RAID flash power module on the chassis
- Open the retention clip on the holder.
- Put the RAID flash power module into the holder and press it down to secure it into the holder.
After you finish
Connect the super capacitor module to an adapter with the extension cable that comes with the flash power module. See RAID flash power modules.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.