Remove a riser card
Use this information to remove a riser card.
About this task
For more riser brackets supported, see Riser card replacement.
The riser assembly you want to remove might be different from the following illustrations, but the removal method is the same. The following takes the LP-FH riser assembly as an example.
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- If there is any PCIe adapter installed on the riser card, record the cable connections first. Then, disconnect all cables from the PCIe adapter.
- Press the two latches on both ends at the same time, and carefully lift it out of the chassis by the two latches.Figure 1. Riser assembly removal
- If necessary, remove the PCIe adapters that are installed on the riser card. See Remove a PCIe adapter.
- Remove the riser card from the bracket.Figure 2. Riser card removal
- Remove the two screws that secure the riser card to the bracket.
- Remove the riser card.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
Remove the rear wall bracket if you would like to install a non-LP-FH riser assembly.Figure 3. Rear wall bracket removal