Remove the 2.5-inch rear drive assembly
Use this information to remove the 2.5-inch rear drive assembly.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove the drives or drive fillers installed in the 2.5-inch rear drive cage. See Remove a 2.5/3.5-inch hot-swap drive.
- Disconnect the 2.5-inch rear drive cage cables from the processor board or the PCIe adapter. See Internal cable routing.
- Hold the two blue touch points and directly lift the 2.5-inch rear drive cage out of the chassis.Figure 1. 2.5-inch rear drive cage removal
- If the rear backplane is reused, remove the rear backplane. See Remove the 2.5-inch rear drive backplane.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.