Install a hot-swap EDSFF drive
Use this information to install an EDSFF drive.
About this task
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the drive to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the drive out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.Note
Ensure that drive installation meets .
- Remove the drive filler from the drive bay and keep the drive filler in a safe place.Figure 1. Remove an EDSFF drive filler
- Press the latch down to disengage the drive clip from the cage.
- Pull and slide the filler out.
- Install the EDSFF drive.Figure 2. EDSFF drive installation
- Ensure that the drive tray handle is in the open position. Slide the drive into the drive bay until it snaps into position.
- Close the drive tray handle to lock the drive in place.
- Continue to install additional EDSFF drives if necessary.
- Install the EDSFF drive cage cover.Figure 3. EDSFF drive cage cover installation