Remove a power supply unit air baffle
Use this information to understand how to remove a power supply unit air baffle.
About this task
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the cables adjacent to the power supply unit air baffle. For proper operation guidelines, see Internal cable routing.
- Remove the power supply unit air baffle.Figure 1. Power supply unit air baffle removal
- Loosen the screw on the air baffle.
- Lift the air baffle out of the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the old air baffle, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.