Remove the server from rack
Follow instructions in this section to remove the server from the rack.
|18 - 32 kg (39 - 70 lb)
|32 - 55 kg (70 - 121 lb)
- Do not remove the covers. Removing the covers of the laser product could result in exposure to hazardous laser radiation. There are no serviceable parts inside the device.
- Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein might result in hazardous radiation exposure.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
- Loosen the two screws located on the front of the server to disengage it from the rack.Figure 1. Disengaging server from the rack
1 Latches 2 Screw
- Hold the mounting ears on the front of the server; then, slide the server all the way out until it stops.Figure 2. Pulling out the server
1 Mounting ears
- Remove the server from the rack.CAUTIONMake sure three people are lifting the sever by holding the lift pointsFigure 3. Lifting up the server
1 Lift pointsFigure 4. Removing the server from the rack.
- Press the release tabs to disengage the rails from the server.
- Carefully lift up the front end of the server slightly to detach the nailheads from the slots on the rails.
- With three people, lift up the serve to remove it from the rails completely. Place the server on a flat and sturdy surface.
Carefully lay the server on a flat, static-protective surface.