Remove the air baffle
Use this information to remove the air baffle. If you intend to install hardware options in the server, you must first remove the air baffle from the server.
About this task
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- For proper cooling and airflow, install the air baffle before you turn on the server. Operating the server without the air baffle might damage server components.
- If there is a RAID flash power module installed on the air baffle, disconnect the cable of the RAID flash power module first.
- If there is a GPU installed on the air baffle, remove the GPU first.
- (Only for GPU air baffle) Remove the air baffle fillers or add-on air baffles (if any).Figure 1. Removal of the air baffle fillerFigure 2. Removal of the add-on air baffle
- Grasp the air baffle and carefully lift it out of the server. Figure 3. Removal of the standard air baffleFigure 4. Removal of the GPU air baffle