Install the top cover
Use this information to install the top cover.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Check your server and ensure that:
All components are installed and seated correctly.
All internal cables are connected and routed correctly. See Internal cable routing.
No tools or loose screws are left inside your server.
- Install the top cover to your server. AttentionHandle the top cover carefully. Dropping the top cover with the cover latch open might damage the cover latch.Figure 1. Top cover installation
- Ensure that the cover latch is in the open position. Lower the top cover onto the chassis until both sides of the top cover engage the guides on both sides of the chassis. Then, slide the top cover to the front of the chassis. NoteBefore you slide the top cover forward, ensure that all the tabs on the top cover engage the chassis correctly.
- Rotate the cover latch until the top cover snaps into position. Ensure that the cover latch is completely closed.
- Use a screwdriver to turn the cover lock to the locked position.
- Ensure that the cover latch is in the open position. Lower the top cover onto the chassis until both sides of the top cover engage the guides on both sides of the chassis. Then, slide the top cover to the front of the chassis.