Install a rearwall bracket
Follow instructions in this section to install a rearwall bracket.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new part to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the rearwall brackets.
NoteThe illustrations show installing the A1, B1, and C1 rearwall brackets. The procedure is the same for installing other rearwall brackets.Figure 1. Installing the A1 rearwall bracket (left)Figure 2. Installing the B1 rearwall bracket (middle)Figure 3. Installing the C1 rearwall bracket (right)
- Align the rearwall bracket with the chassis, and insert the bracket into place.
- Install the screws to secure the rearwall bracket.
After you finish
- Install a rear drive cage or riser assemblies.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.