Remove the server from rack
Follow instructions in this section to remove the server from the rack.
|18 - 32 kg (39 - 70 lb)||32 - 55 kg (70 - 121 lb)|
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Loosen the two thumbscrews located on the front of the server to disengage it from the rack.Figure 1. Disengaging server from the rack
1 Rack latch 2 Thumbscrew
- Hold the mounting ears on the front of the server; then, slide the server all the way out until it stops.Figure 2. Pulling out the server
1 Rack latch (Mounting ear)
- Remove the server from the rack.CAUTIONMake sure three people are lifting the sever by holding the lift points.Figure 3. Lifting up the server
1 Lift pointFigure 4. Removing the server from the rack.
1 Release tab
- Press the release tabs to disengage the rails from the server.
- Carefully lift up the front end of the server slightly to detach the nailheads from the slots on the rails.
- Lift up the server to remove it from the rails completely. Place the server on a flat and sturdy surface.
Carefully lay the server on a flat, static-protective surface.