Remove the M.2 adapter and M.2 drive
Use this information to remove the M.2 adapter and M.2 drive.
Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
Disconnect the M.2 cables from the M.2 backplane.Figure 1. Disconnecting M.2 cables
Loosen the screw on the signal cable.
Tilt the connector and remove it as the spring underneath releases.
Remove the power cable.
For easier operation, remove the internal riser assembly next to the M.2 adapter. See Remove the internal riser card.
To remove the M.2 adapter and M.2 drive, complete the following steps:
- Remove the M.2 drive from the M.2 adapter.Figure 2. M.2 drive removal
- Press both sides of the retainer 2.
- Slide the retainer backward to loosen the M.2 drive from the M.2 adapter.
- Rotate the M.2 drive away from the M.2 adapter.
- Pull the M.2 drive away from the connector 1 at an angle of approximately 30 degrees.
- Loosen the screw and remove the M.2 adapter from the bracket.Figure 3. M.2 adapter removal
- Remove the M.2 adapter bracket if necessary.Figure 4. M.2 adapter bracket removal
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.