Remove the M.2 adapter and M.2 drive
Use this information to remove the M.2 adapter and M.2 drive.
Before removing the M.2 adapter and M.2 drive:
Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
For easier operation, remove the internal riser assembly next to the M.2 adapter. See Remove the internal riser card.
To remove the M.2 adapter and M.2 drive, complete the following steps:
The M.2 adapter you want to remove might be different from the following illustrations, but the removal method is the same.
Watch the procedure. A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube
- Disconnect the cables from the system board.
- Remove the M.2 drive from the M.2 adapter.Figure 1. M.2 drive removal
- Press both sides of the retainer 2.
- Slide the retainer backward to loosen the M.2 drive from the M.2 adapter.
- Rotate the M.2 drive away from the M.2 adapter.
- Pull the M.2 drive away from the connector 1 at an angle of approximately 30 degrees.
- Loosen the screw and remove the M.2 adapter from the bracket.Figure 2. M.2 adapter removal
- Remove the M.2 adapter bracket if necessary.Figure 3. M.2 adapter bracket removal