Install the 7mm drive cage
Follow instructions in this section to install the 7mm drive cage.
About this task
- If necessary, install the two 7mm drive backplanes to the drive cage.
- Slide the lower backplane into the drive cage; then, install the screw to secure the lower backplane to the drive cage.
- Tilt the upper backplane at an angle and insert it into the drive cage; then, install the two screws to secure the upper backplane to the lower backplane.Figure 1. 7mm drive backplane installation
- Install the 7mm drive cage.
- Align the drive cage with the slot on the PCIe riser.
- Rotate the other end of the drive cage inwards.
- Install the screw to secure the drive cage to the PCIe riser.
- Install the two screws on the top of the PCIe riser.Figure 2. 7mm drive cage installation
After you finish