Install an M.2 drive
Follow instructions in this section to install an M.2 drive.
About this task
- If necessary, adjust the retainer on the M.2 backplane to accommodate the particular size of the M.2 drive you wish to install. See Adjust a retainer on the M.2 backplane.
- Locate the connector on the M.2 backplane.Note
Figure 1. M.2 drive slots
- The M.2 backplane might look different from the illustration.
- Install the M.2 drive in slot 0 first.
- 1 Slot 1
- 2 Slot 0
- Install the M.2 drive.
- Hold the M.2 drive at an angle, and insert it into the M.2 slot.
- Lower the M.2 drive.
- Slide the retainer toward the M.2 drive to secure it in place.Figure 2. M.2 drive installation