Install a power supply
Insert the power supply in its bay and press it in until the release tab locks. Power supplies are hot-swap devices that can be installed while the server is powered on.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
Before you install a power supply:
If the power supply bay contains a filler, pull the filler from the bay.
Complete the following steps to install a power supply:
Insert the power supply in its bay and press it in until the release tab locks.
After you have installed a power supply:
Connect the power cable to the power supply.
Route the power cable through the cable hook-and-loop on the rear of the server so that it does not accidentally become unplugged.