Remove a power supply
Press the release latch and pull the drive to remove it from the drive bay. Power supplies are hot-swap devices that can be removed while the server is powered on.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
Before you remove a power supply, remove the power cable from the cable hook-and-loop on the rear of the server; then, disconnect the power cable from the power supply.
Complete the following steps to remove a power supply.
Press the release latch toward the left and pull the drive to remove it from the drive bay.
Install a replacement power supply or filler in the empty bay.
If you are instructed to return the power supply, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.