Install the fan (front and rear)
Follow this procedure to install the front fan or rear fan.
The power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
About this task
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Before installing the front fan, remove the front bezel, see Remove the front bezel.
- Install the front fan or rear fan.
- Align the four rubber mounts on the fan with the corresponding holes on the chassis.
- With a pair of pliers, gently pull the tips of the four rubber mounts though the holes until the fan is secured to the chassis.Figure 1. Installing the front fan or the rear fanNoteMake sure the rubber mounts are fully pulled out of the holes to secure the fans steadily to the chassis.Figure 2. Front fan and rear fan rubber mounts installation
- Connect the fan cable to the system board, see Internal cable routing.