Remove the server from the rails
Follow this procedure to remove the server from the rails.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
About this task
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Remove the two M6 x 16 screws on the front of the rack cabinet.Figure 1. Removing the screws on the front of the rack cabinet
- Remove the server from the rails.
- Slide and pull the rack server tray out of the rack cabinet.
- Lift the server out of the tray.Figure 2. Removing the server from the rails
Place the server on its side with the cover up.
To install the server to the rails, see Install the server to the rails.