Remove the front bezel
Follow this procedure to remove the front bezel.
About this task
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, see Power off the server.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack. See Remove the server from the rails.
Remove any locking device that secures the server, such as a Kensington lock or a padlock.
Place the server on its side with the cover up.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparation for this task.
- Remove the server cover, see Remove the server cover.Note
The heat sink and processor could be very hot. To avoid burning yourself, wait for a few minutes after turning off the server before you remove the server cover.
- Remove the server cover, see Remove the server cover.
- Remove the front bezel.
- Release the three plastic tabs on the front bezel.
- Rotate the front bezel to remove it from the chassis.Figure 1. Removing the front bezel