Install the server to the rails
Follow this procedure to install the server to the rails.
The power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels might be present. Only a qualified service technician is authorized to remove the covers where the label is attached.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
About this task
To install rails to rack, see the
Rail Installation Guide at ThinkSystem Tower Server Rail Options.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Install the four brackets to the tray as illustrated.Figure 1. Installing the brackets to the tray
- Install the four rubber safety pads to the tray as illustrated.Figure 2. Installing the rubber safety pads to the tray
- Orient the server to have the server cover facing up and the front bezel facing the front of the rails; then, align the server with the brackets and the tab on the front of the tray, and gently place the server on the tray.Figure 3. Installing the server to the tray
1 Server cover 2 Server front bezel
- Install the server into the rack cabinet.
- Lift the rail latches on both sides.
- Gently slide and push the tray into the rack cabinet.Figure 4. Installing the server into the rack cabinet
- Secure the tray with two M6 x 16 screws to the front of the rack cabinet.Figure 5. Securing the tray with screws