Remove the CMOS battery (CR2032)
Use this information to remove the CMOS battery.
About this task
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Lenovo specified part number or an equivalent type of battery recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of.Do not:
- Throw or immerse into water
- Heat to more than 100°C (212°F)
- Repair or disassemble
Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
- S005CAUTIONThe battery is a lithium ion battery. To avoid possible explosion, do not burn the battery. Exchange it only with the approved part. Recycle or discard the battery as instructed by local regulations.
Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.
Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.
Use extra force to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
The following notes describe information that you must consider when replacing the battery.
- Lenovo has designed this product with your safety in mind. The lithium battery must be handled correctly to avoid possible danger. If you replace the battery, you must adhere to the following instructions.
- If you replace the original lithium battery with a heavy-metal battery or a battery with heavy-metal components, be aware of the following environmental consideration. Batteries and accumulators that contain heavy metals must not be disposed of with normal domestic waste. They will be taken back free of charge by the manufacturer, distributor, or representative, to be recycled or disposed of in a proper manner.
After you replace the battery, you must reconfigure the solution and reset the system date and time.
|1 CMOS battery
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray from the enclosure. See Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure.
- Remove the tray cover. See Remove the tray cover.
- Remove the PCIe riser assembly. Depending on your configuration, see Remove a PCIe riser assembly (ConnectX-6), Remove a PCIe riser assembly (ConnectX-7 NDR 200), or Remove a PCIe riser assembly (ConnectX-7 NDR 400).
- Remove the CMOS battery: AttentionDo not lift the battery by using excessive force. Failing to remove the battery properly may damage the socket on the system board. Any damage to the socket may require replacing the system board.Figure 2. CMOS battery removal
- Pivot the battery toward the middle of the compute node.
- Lift the battery from the socket.
- Dispose of the CMOS battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.