Disassemble the compute node for chassis recycle
Follow the instructions in this section to disassemble the compute node before recycling the chassis.
About this task
Power off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node from the chassis. See Remove the compute node from chassis.
Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
Refer to local environmental, waste or disposal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Remove the compute node cover. See Remove the compute node cover.
- Remove hot-swap drives, optional drive components, and hot-swap drive bay fillers. See the following:
- Remove the front bezel. See Remove the front bezel.
- Remove the RAID adapter. See Remove the RAID adapter.
- Remove the flash power module. See Remove the flash power module.
- Remove the hot-swap drive backplane. See the following:
- Remove the EDSFF drive inner cage. See Remove the EDSFF drive cage.
- Remove the I/O expansion adapters. See Remove an I/O expansion adapter.
- Remove the M.2 backplane assembly or M.2 backplane assembly filler. See the following:
- Remove the air baffle. See Remove the air baffle.
- Remove the PHM. See Remove a processor and heat sink.
- Remove the memory modules. See Remove a memory module.
- Remove the CMOS battery. See Remove the CMOS battery - CR2032.
- Remove the system board. See Disassemble the system board for recycle
After disassembling the compute node, recycle the unit in compliance with local regulations.