Install the RAID adapter
Use this information to install the RAID adapter.
Before you install the RAID adapter, complete the following steps:
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
Locate the RAID adapter connector (see System-board connectors).
The on-board RAID slot is dedicated to the RAID adapter. You can also have a RAID adapter in the PCIe riser assembly depending on your configuration.
To install the RAID adapter, complete the following steps:
Figure 1. RAID adapter installation
- Remove the two screws to remove the bracket.
- Connect the internal cables, see Internal cable routing for more information.
- Lower the RAID adapter into the server; then, firmly press it into the connector.
- Install the screw to secure the adapter.AttentionIf you are installing the
Lenovo ThinkSystem RAID 730-8i 1GB Cache PCIe 12 Gb Adapter, you need to purchase the specific screw ( FRU part number: 01PF106) to secure the adapter.NoteBeware of that the FRU part number might change, please contact your Lenovo representative or reseller for detailed information.
After you install the RAID adapter, complete the following steps:
Install the top cover onto the server (see Install the top cover).
Reinstall the power supply 1 if the redundant power supply model is used (see Install a hot-swap power supply unit).
Install the server into the rack if necessary.
Reconnect power cords and all external cables.
- Configure the RAID array using the Setup utility configuration.