Install the integrated diagnostics panel assembly
Use this information to install the diagnostics panel assembly.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available on YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the diagnostics panel assembly to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. And then, take the assembly out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- If there is a filler installed on the front chassis, remove it as shown.Figure 1. Filler removal
- Insert the integrated diagnostics panel into its assembly. Ensure that the panel is fully seated into its assembly.Figure 2. Integrated diagnostics panel installation into its assembly
- Slide the diagnostics panel assembly into the front chassis as shown. And ensure that it is seated in place.Figure 3. Diagnostics panel assembly installation
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.