Remove the front I/O module
Use this information to remove the front I/O module.
About this task
The following illustrates how to remove the front I/O module with a diagnostics panel. You can remove other front I/O modules in the same way.
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- If the security bezel is installed, remove it. See Remove the security bezel.
- Disconnect the front I/O cables from the processor board.
- Remove the front I/O module.Figure 1. Remove a front I/O module on 2.5'' chassisFigure 2. Remove a front I/O module on 3.5'' chassis
- Remove the screws that secure the front I/O module.
- Slide the front I/O module out of the front chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.