Remove the Firmware and RoT Security Module
Use this information to remove the Firmware and RoT Security Module.
About this task
This task must be operated by trained technicians that are certified by Lenovo Service. Do no attempt to remove or install it without proper training and qualification.
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
After replacing the Firmware and RoT Security Module, update the firmware to the specific version supported by the server. Make sure that you have the required firmware or a copy of the pre-existing firmware before you proceed.
Go to Drivers and Software download website for ThinkSystem SR630 V3 to see the latest firmware and driver updates for your server.
Go to Update the firmware for more information on firmware updating tools.
- Prepare your server.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- If your server comes with a rear drive assembly, remove it first. See Remove the 2.5-inch rear drive assembly.
- If your server comes with a 7mm rear drive assembly, remove it first. See Remove the 7mm rear drive assembly.
- If your server comes with riser assemblies, remove them first, see Riser assemblies.
- Remove the Firmware and RoT Security Module.Figure 1. RoT module removal
- Loosen the two screws on the RoT module.
- Lift the RoT module out of the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.