Install a riser card
Use this information to install a riser card.
About this task
The riser assembly you want to install might be different from the following illustrations, but the installation method is the same. The following takes the LPFH riser assembly as an example.
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the riser card to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the riser card out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the riser card and secure it to the bracket.Figure 1. Riser card installation
Align the screw holes in the riser card with the corresponding ones in the bracket.
Install the two screws to secure the riser card to the bracket.
- If necessary, reinstall the PCIe adapters on the riser card. See Install a PCIe adapter. Then, refer to your note to reconnect any cables of the PCIe adapters on the riser card. Or you can refer to the Internal cable routing and locate the cable routing information for your configuration options.
- Position the riser assembly on the chassis. Align the plastic clip and two pins on the bracket with the guide pin and two holes on the chassis, and align the riser card with the riser slot on the system board. Then, carefully press the riser assembly straight down into the slot until it is fully seated.Figure 2. Riser assembly installation
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.