Remove a PCIe adapter
Use this information to remove a PCIe adapter.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove the riser assembly. See Remove a riser card.
- Remove the PCIe adapter from the riser assembly.Figure 1. PCIe adapter removal from the LP-FH riser assembly
- Rotate the latch on the riser bracket to open position.
- Grasp the PCIe adapter by its edges and carefully pull it out of the PCIe adapter slot on the riser card.
The procedure for removing a PCIe adapter is similar for different types of riser assembly. In this topic, the LP-FH riser assembly is used as an example.
After you finish
Install a PCIe adapter or PCIe adapter filler. See Install a PCIe adapter.
If you are instructed to return the old PCIe adapter, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.