Adjust the retainer on the M.2 adapter
Use this information to adjust the retainer on the M.2 adapter.
Before adjusting the retainer on the M.2 adapter, locate the correct keyhole that the retainer should be installed into to accommodate the particular size of the M.2 drive you wish to install.
To adjust the retainer on the M.2 adapter, complete the following steps:
The M.2 adapter might be different from the following illustrations, but the adjustment method is the same.
Watch the procedure. A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube.
Figure 1. M.2 retainer adjustment
- Press both sides of the retainers.
- Move the retainer forward until it is in the large opening of the keyhole.
- Take the retainer out of the keyhole.
- Insert the retainer into the correct keyhole.
- Press both sides of the retainer.
- Slide the retainer backwards until it is seated in place.