Install the OCP module
Use this information to install the OCP module.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
If an OCP module installed, when the system is powered off but still plugged in to AC power, fans 1 and 2 might continue to work at a lower speed. This is the system design to provide proper cooling for the OCP module.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the OCP module to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the OCP module out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Remove the OCP module filler if there is.
- (Optional) Attach the OCP module label that comes with this option on the rear of the server.Figure 1. OCP module label installation
- Install the OCP module.Figure 2. OCP module installationNote
Ensure that the Ethernet adapter is fully seated and the thumbscrew is securely tightened. Otherwise, the OCP module will not get full connection and may not function.
If there is an OCP module installed, when the system is powered off but still plugged in to AC power, system fans will continue to spin at a much lower speed. This is the system design to provide proper cooling for the OCP module.
- Push the OCP module until it is fully inserted into the connector on the system board (system board assembly).
- Fully tighten the thumbscrew to secure the adapter.
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.