Install the intrusion switch
Follow instructions in this section to install the intrusion switch.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new part to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the intrusion switch onto the fan cage.Figure 1. Installing the intrusion switchNoteEnsure that the intrusion switch cable is routed through the cable clip and the pre-cut slots on the foam and fan cage bottom. Otherwise, the cable may slide under the fan cage, the contact surface between the fan cage and the system board assembly may get uneven, and the fan connection may get loose.
- Insert the intrusion switch onto the holder on the fan cage and push it in the direction as shown until it is fully seated.
- Fix the intrusion switch cable into the cable clip.
- Route the cable into the fan cage through the pre-cut slots on the foam and fan cage bottom.
- Insert the intrusion switch connector into the connector keyhole, and move it in the shown direction until it is fully seated.
- Install the fan cage back into the chassis. See Install the system fan cage.
- Install system fans into the fan cage. Install a system fan.