Remove the cable wall bracket
Follow instructions in this section to remove the 2U cable wall bracket.
About this task
- Make preparation for the task.
- If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack. See Remove the server from rack.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove any parts that might impede your access to the cable wall bracket.
- Record all the cables that are passing through the cable wall bracket and disconnect them.
- Remove the 2U cable wall bracket.Figure 1. Removing the 2U cable wall bracket
- Slide the 2U cable wall bracket towards the large openings of the two keyholes to release it.
- Lift the 2U cable wall bracket up from the 1U cable wall bracket.
After you finish
Install a 2U cable wall bracket. See Install the cable wall bracket.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.