Remove the intrusion switch
Follow instructions in this section to remove the intrusion switch.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Make preparation for the task.
- If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack. See Remove the server from rack.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove the system fans from the fan cage. See Remove a system fan.
- Remove the fan cage from the system board assembly. See Remove the system fan cage.
- Rotate the fan cage by 90 degrees in the direction shown in the picture.Figure 1. Rotating the fan cage
- Remove the intrusion switch assembly from the fan cage.Figure 2. Removing the intrusion switch
- Move the intrusion switch connector in the shown direction to disengage it from the keyhole.
- Release the intrusion switch cable from the pre-cut slots on the foam and fan cage bottom.
- Release the intrusion switch cable from the cable clip.
- Slide and pull the intrusion switch to remove it from the holder.