Remove a PCIe riser extender
Follow instructions in this section to remove a PCIe riser extender.
About this task
- Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
- Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
- If the server is installed in a rack, remove it from the rack. See Remove the server from rails.
- Make preparation for this task.
- Remove the PCIe riser extender.
- Remove the four screws from the PCIe riser.
- Remove the PCIe riser extender from the PCIe riser.Figure 1. PCIe riser extender removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.