Install a memory air baffle
Memory air baffles are in the system boards that are accessed from the front of the server.
Complete the following steps to install a memory air baffle:
- Make sure that all six pairs of memory module connector retaining clips spanning the memory air baffle are open.
- Hold the memory air baffle so the
REQUIRED FOR COOLINGtext on the baffle is right-side up and facing away from the memory modules; then, slide the lower half of the slots in the air baffle over the memory module connector retaining clips.
- Slide the air baffle up and over the memory module retaining clips until the air baffle is positioned on the surface of the compute system board.
- Make sure that each memory module aligns with its connector; then, seat each memory module. See Install a memory module for more information.NoteMake sure that all memory module connector retaining clips spanning the memory air baffle are closed, even if a memory module is not installed in the connector.
- After installing each memory baffle, make sure that it is secure by attempting to lift and remove it. Installation of the air baffle was performed correctly if the air baffle remains in place.
- If you are installing additional memory air baffles, do so now.
After you install a memory air baffle:
Install the upper system board or system board filler, if it was removed. See Install a system board.
Install the compute tray where the system board is installed. See Install a compute tray.
Install the front cover. See Install the front cover