Remove the RAID adapter
Use this information to remove the RAID adapter.
Before you remove the RAID adapter, complete the following steps:
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the top cover).
The RAID adapter uses a specific drive backplane.
- If you need to remove the RAID adapter to access components on the system board (for example DIMM sockets 13-24), there is no need to remove the backplane.
- If you are removing only the RAID adapter to replace it, there is no need to remove the backplane.
To remove the RAID adapter, complete the following steps:
- Locate the RAID adapter installed in the compute node.
- Remove the RAID adapter.Figure 1. RAID adapter removal
- Rotate the lever on the hard disk drive backplane to disengage the RAID adapter from the backplane connector.
- Lift the RAID adapter and remove it from the compute node.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.