Remove the front 16-EDSFF drive backplane
Use this information to remove the backplane for front 16 EDSFF drives.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove all the installed drives and drive cages from the drive bays. See Remove a hot-swap EDSFF drive.
- Disconnect the cables from the backplane. See 16-EDSFF drive backplane. If the cable connectors come with protective dust caps, make sure to put them back on.
- Remove the backplane from the chassis.Figure 1. Removal of backplane for 16 EDSFF drives
- Loosen the screw.
- Slightly slide the backplane as shown and then lift it up.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.