Remove the front 3.5-inch drive backplane
Use this information to remove the front 3.5-inch drive backplane.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- A video of this procedure is available on YouTube.
- Prepare your server.
- Record the cable connections on the backplane and then disconnect all cables from the backplane. See Internal cable routing. If the cable connectors come with protective dust caps, make sure to put them back on.
- Remove the backplane from the chassis.Figure 1. 3.5-inch drive backplane removal
- Open the release latches that secure the backplane.
- Pivot the backplane backward slightly to release it from the three pins 1 on the chassis.
- Carefully remove the backplane out of the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.