Remove the front 16-EDSFF drive backplane
Use this information to remove the backplane for front 16 EDSFF drives.
About this task
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove all the installed drives and drive cages from the drive bays. See Remove a hot-swap EDSFF drive.
- Remove the backplane from the chassis.Figure 1. Removal of backplane for 16 EDSFF drives
- Loosen the screw.
- Slightly slide the backplane as shown and then lift it up.
- Disconnect the cables from the backplane. See Internal cable routing.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the old backplane, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials provided.