Install the front 16-EDSFF drive backplane
Use this information to install the backplane for front 16 EDSFF drives.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the backplane to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. And then, take the backplane out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Connect the cables to the backplane. See Internal cable routing.
- Put the backplane down into place. Figure 1. Installation of backplane for 16 EDSFF drives
- Align the hole on the backplane with the pin on the chassis, place it down, and slightly slide it as shown.
- Tighten the screw to secure the backplane.
- Connect the cables to the system board assembly and the backplane. See Internal cable routing. If the cable connectors come with protective dust caps, make sure to remove them before plugging in.
After you finish
Reinstall all the drives and drive cages into the drive bays. See Install an EDSFF drive.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.