Install the front 3.5'' drive backplane
Use this information to install the front 3.5'' drive backplane.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the backplane to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the backplane out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Put the backplane down into place. Figure 1. Installation of backplane for four 3.5'' hot-swap drives
- Put the backplane under the front I/O assembly cables, align it with the chassis, and lower it into the chassis. Put the backplane into place with it leaning backward slightly so that the three pins 1 on the chassis pass through the three holes 2 in the backplane.
- Close the release latches to secure the backplane in place.
- Connect the cables to the system board assembly and the backplane. See Internal cable routing. If the cable connectors come with protective dust caps, make sure to remove them before plugging in.