Remove an intrusion switch
Use this information to remove an intrusion switch.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove the number 4 fan.
- Remove the intrusion switch.
- Disconnect the cable of the intrusion switch from the processor board. For the location of the intrusion switch connector and cable routing information, refer to System-board-assembly layout and Intrusion switch. Route the cable out of the cable clip.
- Insert the tip of a slotted screwdriver into the gap between the cage and switch and push outwards.
- Slide the intrusion switch as shown to remove it.
- Re-install the number 4 fan.
- Align the four corners of the fan to fan module socket and put it down.
- Press the fan latch down to ensure that it is plugged in the connector.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.