Remove the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter
Use this information to remove the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove any components that may impede access to the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter.
- Disconnect all cables from the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter.
- Lift the release pin, slightly slide the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter as shown, and carefully lift it out of the chassis.Figure 1. Internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter removal
- Release the push pin on the internal CFF RAID adapter.
- Move the adapter to the right and then lift it out of the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.