Install a riser assembly
Follow instructions in this section to install a riser assembly.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Install the riser assembly into the chassis.
Riser 1 assembly (same for riser 2 assembly)Figure 1. Installing the riser 1 assembly
- Align the riser card with the riser slot on the processor board. Carefully press the riser card straight into the slot until it is securely seated.
- Tighten the screw to secure the riser cage.
- Connect cables to the riser card and PCIe adapter. See Internal cable routing.
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.