Install a super capacitor module on the air baffle
Use this information to install a super capacitor module on the air baffle.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new RAID super capacitor module to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new RAID super capacitor module out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the super capacitor module.Figure 1. Super capacitor installation on the air baffle
- Open the retention clip on the holder.
- Put the super capacitor module into the holder.
- Press it down to secure it into the holder.
- Connect the super capacitor module to an adapter with the extension cable that comes with the super capacitor module. See RAID super capacitor modules.