Install a super capacitor module on the 2.5-inch middle drive cage
Use this information to install a super capacitor module the 2.5-inch middle drive cage.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new RAID super capacitor module to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new RAID super capacitor module out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Open the drive cage handle.Figure 1. Opening the handle of the middle drive cage
- Remove the metal cover.Figure 2. Removing the metal cover
Pull out the blue plunger.
Slide the metal cover out of the drive cage.
- Install the super capacitor module.Figure 3. Installing the super capacitor module
Put a super capacitor module into the holder, and press it down to secure it into the holder.
Align the pins on the metal cover with the holes in the super capacitor holder, pull out the blue latch on the cover, and slide the cover into the holder until the pins pass through the holes. Then, release the blue latch to lock the cover into place.
- Connect the super capacitor module to an adapter with the extension cable that comes with the super capacitor module. See RAID super capacitor modules.