Adjust the retainer on the M.2 boot adapter
Use this information to adjust the retainer on the M.2 boot adapter.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Before adjusting the retainer on the M.2 boot adapter, locate the correct keyhole that the retainer should be installed into to accommodate the particular size of the M.2 drive you wish to install.
- Press both sides of the retainers.
- Move the retainer forward until it is in the large opening of the keyhole.
- Take the retainer out of the keyhole.
- Insert the retainer into the correct keyhole.
- Press both sides of the retainer.
- Slide the retainer backwards until it is seated in place.