Install the M.2 boot adapter
Use this information to install the M.2 boot adapter.
About this task
The power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Install the M.2 boot adapterFigure 1. M.2 boot adapter installation
- Insert the M.2 boot adapter into the chassis as shown.
- Tighten the screw to secure the M.2 boot adapter to the chassis.
- Connect the cables to the M.2 boot adapter.Figure 2. M.2 signal cable screw installation
- Connect all the cables.
- Tighten the screw that secures the M.2 signal cable to the M.2 boot adapter.
- Connect the power cable and the signal cable to the system board. See M.2 boot adapter cable routing.