Install the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly
Use this information to install the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly.
About this task
The power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
When laser products (such as CD-ROMs, DVD drives, fiber optic devices, or transmitters) are installed, note the following:
- Do not remove the covers. Removing the covers of the laser product could result in exposure to hazardous laser radiation. There are no serviceable parts inside the device.
- Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein might result in hazardous radiation exposure.
This product contains a Class 1M laser. Do not view directly with optical instruments.
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- If necessary, remove the cover of the drive bay filler from the front bezel.Figure 1. Drive bay filler cover installation
- Push the tab on the front bezel to release the cover of the drive bay filler.
- Remove the cover of the drive bay filler as shown.
- If necessary, remove the drive bay filler out of the chassis.Figure 2. Drive bay filler installation
- Install the slim optical drive into the adapter.Figure 3. Installing slim optical drive into the drive bay adapter
- Slide the slim optical drive into the adapter.
- Secure the slim optical drive with two screws.
- Hold the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly in the correct orientation; then, slide it into the drive bay until it snaps into position.Figure 4. Optical drive installation
- Connect the power cable and the signal cable to the rear of the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly. For more information about the cable routing. See Optical drive cable routing.